We believe that everyone has something to share
Every mother could use such a opportunity to relax. Because they have the right to feel tired. Supporting parents translates into health of the whole society. Mothers of people with disabilities or people who are chronically ill usually find it extremely hard to find time for themselves, to find opportunities to take care of their needs. In addition, they are in a very special situation:
- Because there is often fear for life and the future
- Because logistics is going to be harder and more expensive
- Because they have to possess the knowledge appropriate for specialists after long studies
- Because they often fall out of the labor market, friends move away
- Because caring for a child is often associated with great physical exertion and their health suffers
- Because it is a lifetime job, without retirement.
As Garden SPA we want to take care of those who constantly care for others, of relatives with disabilities.
- We have created 8 outdoor relaxation zones for mothers of people with disabilities
- In the summer our integration theater camp for families took place
- With Flying SPA (massages, delicious dinner and child care) we have reached several dozen mothers
- Every week, we bring vegetables donated by BioBazar Wołoska to people who are immobilized at home due to their own or a family member's disability.
We plan to:
- Reach parents from small towns through cooperation with volunteers in Orange.
- A group of refugee musicians proposed mini concerts in the homes of willing mothers. We are happy for this opportunity to connect different worlds.
As you can see, our activities are very diverse, because they come from different people. Everyone can join and do something for those who are struggling.
We have also created a manual for people who want to organize a Garden SPA (or another form of support) for mothers in their city. However, we strongly encourage you to look around your neighborhood, among your neighbors or friends, to see if there are people who devote all their time to a loved one with a disability. We don't hold power to make illnesses and disabilities disappear. We can, however, weave social support connections with these people, to make life easier for them. It starts with small gestures: cooking dinner, cleaning the apartment, and giving a massage.
Lets not waste!
Every day tons of food undeservedly end up in the trash. We want to prevent this and at the same time support people who, because of their own disability or chronic illness, or because of caring for loved ones - are immobilized at home. Our brave knights arrive with packages full of vegetables and other tasty goodies given to us by the bazaars. Among others, by BioBazar Fabryka Norblina
We can DISagree
Sometimes we have the impression that all our friends have similar views to us. Maybe we just rarely meet those with whom "we can DISagree"?
For a change, we want to spend some time talking to people we usually don't have the opportunity to meet. Maybe we will talk about politics, maybe about serious and difficult ideological matters, or maybe we will talk about completely mundane topics ...
If you feel like joining in:
1. Choose an interlocutor with whom you may disagree
2. Report your willingness to participate and arrange a specific date.
We implement the project together with the Między Innymi Association
Motanki - making dolls with women experiencing refugee
We create a space in which ladies in refugee situations create dolls. We then sell them in Poland. All the money collected during the sale goes to the authors.
It all started in Jordan, where we put up a playground at an orphanage. Many widows from Syria lived in the neighborhood, with whom we made friends. Ladies complained a lot about the lack of work opportunities. We were looking for a formula in which ladies could earn money without starting costs. We came up with the idea of creating recycling dolls. The action was a total success. Or rather it did not really end because the dolls won the hearts of not only Poles but also Jordanians. Currently, ladies are still creating and selling dolls, now on their own.
So far, we have implemented the puppet project with ladies from Syria, Kurdistan, Ukraine, Chechnya, Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan.
In the sister project, Polish students and scouts create similar dolls, and then all the proceeds are donated to a school in Kurdish Rożawa, which was created thanks to the Wolna Syria Foundation.
Intercultural exchange for children
As part of this project, we create a space for meeting (often symbolic) between children from various environments and cultures - primarily Polish, Kurdish and Roma children. Children (in Poland, Kurdistan, Moldova and Jordan) make small gifts for each other, create cookbooks, write cards, record music videos and films. We want to make "otherness" familiar and build understanding over social and cultural divisions. It is also important to shape the belief that everyone, regardless of age or social status, can share what they have.
We encourage teachers and educators to join the campaign!
We meet in an integrating group to create, learn and just be together. We call these Moomins meetings.
It all began with wonderful integration camps on the Sosnowe farm, during which various people worked together to help in the field work, to help with animals, rode horses and sang around bonfires.
Currently, we invite big and small, functional and not necessarily, for various workshops.